Matt Spicer‘s Ingrid Goes West has been announced as the closing night film for this year’s LA Film Festival, with additional Buzz and Premiere films being revealed.
The 2017 LAFF is set to kick off June 14th and run through the 22nd. Take a look below at the newly announced films and be sure to head over to lafilmfestival.com for tickets and more information.
Closing Night Film
Thursday, June 22, ArcLight Culver City
- Ingrid Goes West, dir. Matt Spicer, USA, Los Angeles Premiere
Ingrid Thorburn is an unhinged social media stalker who moves to LA to befriend her latest obsession, the boho chic social media influencer, Taylor Sloane.
NEON will release Ingrid Goes West on August 11.
Gala Screening of Shot Caller
Saturday, June 17, ArcLight Culver City
- Shot Caller, dir. Ric Roman Waugh, USA, World Premiere
A newly released prison gangster is forced by the leaders of his gang to orchestrate a major crime on the streets of Southern California.
Non-competitive showcase of curated favorites from other film festivals.
- The Big Sick, dir. Michael Showalter, USA, LA Premiere
- Bill Nye: Science Guy, dir. David Alvarado, Jason Sussberg, USA, LA Premiere
- Lady Macbeth, dir. William Oldroyd, UK, LA Premiere
- Maudie, dir. Aisling Walsh, Ireland/Canada, LA Premiere
- My Friend Dahmer, dir. Marc Meyers, USA, LA Premiere
- Patti Cake$, dir. Geremy Jasper, USA, LA Premiere
- Keep the Change, dir. Rachel Israel, USA, LA Premiere
- Whitney: Can I Be Me, dir. Nick Broomfield, Rudi Dolezal, USA, LA Premiere
World premieres of fiction and documentary films featuring noteworthy talent.
- The Bachelors, dir. Kurt Voelker, USA, World Premiere
- CounterPunch, dir. Jay Bulger, USA, World Premiere
- A Crooked Somebody, dir. Trevor White, USA, World Premiere
- The Female Brain, dir. Whitney Cummings, USA, World Premiere
- Humor Me, dir. Sam Hoffman, USA, World Premiere
- The Keeping Hours, dir. Karen Moncrieff, USA, World Premiere
- Living on Soul, dir. Cory Bailey, Jeff Broadway, USA, World Premiere
- The Song of Sway Lake, dir. Ari Gold, USA, World Premiere
- Submission, dir. Richard Levine, USA, World Premiere
- Sun Dogs, dir. Jennifer Morrison, USA, World Premiere
Film Independent Members Screening
- The Little Hours, dir. Jeff Baena, USA, LA Premiere
A young servant fleeing from his master takes refuge at a dysfunctional convent in medieval Tuscany.
Additional Festival Event
Friday, June 16, ArcLight Santa Monica
- The Sinner, West Coast Premiere
The Sinner follows a young mother who commits a startling act of violence, which launches an inverted and utterly surprising crime thriller whose driving force is not the “who” or the “what” — but the “why.”
The show premieres August 2 on USA Network.