The Fate of the Furious opened domestically last weekend with just over $100 million to dominate the box office. Though the opening is $47 million less than Furious 7, the news for the the eighth installment of the franchise is much better when factoring in the international take. The film debuted in 63 markets and took in $532.5 million, a record for worldwide release, topping the $529 million of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
There were no other big wide releases to go against Fate this weekend. Check out the full top ten below.
- The Fate of the Furious – $100M; Debut
- The Boss Baby – $15.5M; Total gross: $116M
- Beauty and the Beast– $13.6M; Total gross: $454M
- Smurfs: The Lost Village – $6.5M; Total gross: $24.7M
- Going in Style – $6.35M; Total gross: $23.4M
- Gifted – $3M; Total gross: $4.3M
- Get Out – $2.85M; Total gross: $167M
- Power Rangers – $6.2M; Total gross: $80.5M
- The Case for Christ – $2.7M; Total gross: $8.44M
- Kong: Skull Island – $2.67M; Total gross: $161M