The 28th Austin Film Festival is gearing up to kick off October 21 – 28 and this week the first ten titles have been revealed, seven of which will be world premieres. A couple notable highlights include Stephen Karam‘s The Humans and the Icelandic horror title It Hatched by Elvar Gunnarsson.
Take a look below for details about each of the ten films and for more information click over to austinfilmfestival.com.
- EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED TO TELL MY DAUGHTER ABOUT MEN (Directed by an ensemble of 17 women, Written by Lorien Hayes) – World Premiere
- GHOSTS OF THE OZARKS (Directed by Jordan Wayne Long and Matt Glass, Written by Tara Perry, Jordan Wayne Long, Sean Anthony Davis) – World Premiere
- IT HATCHED (Directed/Written Elvar Gunnarsson) – World Premiere
- MEMORIA (Directed/Written by Apichatpong Weerasethakul) – Texas Premiere
- PETITE MAMAN (Directed/Written by Céline Sciamma) – Texas Premiere
- RAGGED HEART (Directed by Evan McNary, Written by Evan McNary and Debrah McNary) – World Premiere
- SWAMP LION (Directed/Written by Torben Bech) – World Premiere
- THE BIG BEND (Directed/Written by Brett Wagner) – World Premiere
- THE HUMANS (Directed/Written Stephen Karam) – Texas Premiere
- WITH THIS BREATH I FLY (Directed by Sam French and Clementine Malpas) – World Premiere